Production testing is a generic term for #welltesting through portable facilities. Usually production testing is done prior to tie-in for commercial operations. Production tests clean up wells and help define deliverability or productivity for economics and facility design. Production testing includes:
- Underbalanced drilling; when wells are allowed to flow while drilling
- Fracture stimulation treatment; sand and fluid clean-up operations
- Acid wash or squeeze stimulation treatment; fluid clean-up operations
- Various well workover, clean-up, and swabbing operations
- Single point and multi-point gas (#LNG) flow test operations
Test facilities range from essentially none (blowing a well to atmosphere) to sophisticated, high pressure, heated, multi-phase gas/oil/water/sand #welltest separation equipment. Production testing can be continuous for several days. Companies will thus install a small camp (caravan) for employees on shift work.
Welltest 102 will focus on operations, quality control, data reporting, and data validation topics related specifically to testing petroleum wells. Note that all flow from a well is important, with respect to welltest interpretation, analysis, and reservoir engineering (#PTA); as well as regulatory (#AER) compliance.